Sunday, August 30, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
- I was "in the Hippies" in the late 60s/early 70s! I went to rock festivals and lived in a commune! I wasn't all that successful because I actually had a job, and didn't much care for "weed." (However...there was that one trip to Mt. Rainier in my lime-green AMC Javelin where we took pictures of the mountain and they didn't look QUITE like we thought they should have when the pics were developed, LOL!)
- My entire family has tattoos.
- I am the World's Greatest "Work" Cheerleader! I want whatever organization I work for to succeed.
- I love stupid things like putting "back in order" a gazillion pieces of whatever that have somehow come "out of order" like a stack of paper that falls on the floor.
- I have an overwhelming need to fold towels: down, in half, and over, in thirds, and then in half.
- I have fabric. Uh....I mean...I have FABRIC. You will NEVER know the extent to which I have fabric. Some people think "having fabric" means 50 pieces. Hah! I have THOUSANDS......and THOUSANDS.....at one point, I had two (scratch that, I mean THREE) houses full.....ok....I just can't explain this any further....
- I hate housework - enough said.
- I just wrote a company that makes liquid measuring cups about the sucky measuring cups they make. I mean, really! The concept is great (flexible, narrow), but the L-I-N-E that I need to fill it to...I can't SEE when the ingredients are actually IN THE CUP!
- Uh....I have a great deal of tolerance...but NOT when people are stupid (see # 8 above)
- Wow! I'm up to #10. The pressure, the pressure! I guess I would have to say....I have 200 pair of shoes and can't wear most of them because I'm too darned old and will fall down if I wear those spike heels.....cain't wear them...cain't get rid of them!
Now....as far as passing this along to 10 more bloggers.....I can't decide...so I am leaving that up to you :-) If you would like to continue this, please do so...I'm having a glass of wine and going to bed because today has been both rewarding (think: cheerleader) and exhausting (think: THOUSANDS OF PIECES of fabric and HOUSEWORK).
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I trimmed a color-matched dish towel with two of the fabrics, and edged a tea towel with another fabric, plus added another "L" to the tea towel -- I think it looks so cute!
I had a few extra polka dot goodies:
And I made a tote bag to put everything in. I made some 4" disappearing 9-patch blocks, and framed them. Then I appliqued two more "Ls" one on each side.
Here's the inside of the tote - had to use some of that "Lucy" fabric I bought!
Hope my partner loves it! If she doesn't for some reason, I'll pay the return postage :-)