Sunday, February 15, 2009

Apron from Marcel!

Look at the wonderful apron I got from Marcel! I love the pattern - when I pulled it out of the shipping bag, I knew almost instantly it was Butterick 5263. I have that pattern and have been wanting to make it but wasn't sure what it would look like and how it would fit. Well, let me tell you - it's terrific! The "ties" button, as opposed to tying. Now, that can be a good thing...I don't want to get too graphic, but I did have a "mishap" one day while wearing an apron with extra-long ties...and having to make a quick trip to the bathroom, LOL!

Now, there's just no way to do this apron justice unless it's on a dress form or a real live body, but I don't have a dress form, and the real live body (me) has had the flu, so I'm not a pretty sight :-( Here's a closeup of one of the ties:

Look at the goodies that Marcel sent with the apron!

And how did she know I'm a shoe "whore"?????

I am soooo in love with these! The owl's name is Prudence Thimblebottom, although I keep calling her Prudence WHISTLEbottom for some silly reason. I had both sitting next to each other and instantly it hit me that they are "The Owl and the Pussycat." Too funny! Marcel told me that the pins in the Pussycat Pincushion are made using Shrinky Dink - can you believe it! I wouldn't have thought of that....might have to get into YET ANOTHER crafty endeavor, haha. Thank you Marcel, for the beautiful apron and so well made too! It fits perfectly and I absolutely love it, my very special friend :-)

3 comments:

Booming Aprons said...

Oh wow Nadine your apron is FANTASTIC!!Marcel is just a doll isn't she.I love all your goodies too..Owl and pussycat are just fun fun fun!!!

Carla said...

Very pretty apron! Love the owl and other goodies too. :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy you like your apron and other goodies. I had a great time making them for you my sweet friend ;)
You have been tagged.. come by and see what the fuss is all about ;)
M