Monday, May 17, 2010

"Washington" Bags

I made these sets of grocery and produce bags for my office fund-raising auction. One grocery or tote bag and three produce bags. The grocery bag outer fabric is "Washington" by In The Beginning exclusively for Pacific Fabrics & Crafts stores. The produce bags are made of Bubble Organza from JoAnn's, and the fruits and vegetables fabric is Farmer's Market. I used pink and black polka dots and green and white polka dots for the lining. I added a pretty bow on each tote bag. The fabric is fabulous! There are soooo many "Washington" things to look at! From Seattle's unique Pike Place Market, to Mt. Saint Helen's (anniversary of the big blow is tomorrow!), along with crabs, fishing boats, Orcas, tulips, ferry boats, wheat, sea planes, Snoqualmie Falls, otters - so many "Washington" products and landmarks...oh and don't forget COFFEE! I bought 5 yards of this fabric and I might just have to go back for more :-)





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nadine these turned out awesome.. I am sure they will be a great prize to win. I hope they bring in tons of money. Your always so sweet to sew things for your office...
I see why you love these fabrics.. they are so full of color and keep your eyes moving all over to see whats next ;)
M

CJ said...

Wow!! Nadine ~
I ♥LOVE♥ these sets! They should really bring in the money for your auction.
Did you just whip up the produce bags or was it a pattern?
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

Dogmom Diva said...

Oh these bags are lovely..they make me miss WA state more and more....especially now that it is so hot here! Miss my little cottage in the trees..

Take care
Barb