Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fat Quarter Swap

Here's what I got in Aunt Pitty Pat's Fat Quarter Swap last month from Manuela from Portugal! I love the fabrics! I can't read the writing on the spool of thread - but it's very special and I will probably just "keep" it rather than using it, just because it's from another part of the world ;-) How did Manuela know I don't have (and have never made) a tissue cover? The fabric is a cute home dec - I love it! And the little felt candy cane and mini clothespin ornaments are sooo adorable! And she sent 4 pices of ric-rac - the green is unlike any I've seen before - it has a "rounder" and tighter ric-rackie thing goin' on...I will  have to use it on something very special. Thanks so much, Manuela - it's wonderful to get a package from the other side of the world!

And here's what I sent Manuela. This was the first swap where I've had an international partner, other than Canada, but I'm up for more now that I know filling out the customs form isn't hard, and it really doesn't cost an arm and a leg for shipping  ;-)

I had found some Christmas batik fabrics at one of our local quilt shops and just couldn't decide on which ones to include, so I sent two prints each of both blue and purple batiks, plus two coordinating solids. 
I found this FQ folding tutorial and it worked really well, and I tied the batik/solid stacks up with pretty ribbon.
I also included a cute snow penguin print that I found and just had to toss in. It reminded me of the old Chilly Willy comic book character (I think I have some in the basement!).

I included 2 spools of matching thread, 2 packages of ric-rac, some chocolates, and a yarn doll ornie I made.

I'll be putting up a tutorial for the yarn doll in the near future so stay tuned - I'll be making some to tuck in my Valentines swaps! Thanks, APP, for coordinating this fun swap!

4 comments:

CJ said...

Hey, Nadine,
I LOVE♥ everything you got from Manuela! especially the neat "ric-rackie"!! lol!!
That lil' angel is sooo cute, too! :) I ♥LOVE♥ mine! I'll be looking forward to a tutorial on making them :)
New idea for the Shoop Shoop Bags:
I used the Christmas themed ones to pack some of my small glass Christmas ornaments in when I packed away my Christmas stuff - nicely padded bags that closes tight. Then next year when the ornaments are out, I will remember to use the bags during the Christmas season in my purse, car, or suitcase, etc. ♥♥
Hugz,
CJ♥♥

NadineC said...

CJ! Wow! What a great idea for using the Christmas Shoops! You're a genious :-)

Shawnee said...

Oooh, I need that angel tutorial quick for my Enchanted Ornie swap!

Glad you're in the new Flirty Apron Swap -- can't wait to see what you do with the "Be My Cutie Pie" theme!

A Dixie Girls Delights said...

wow I love all of it lol. thats so cute how you folded the fabric quarters and I cant imagine how exciting it would be getting something from the other side of the world would be alot of fun :)