Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baby Quilt + Extras

Even though I do a lot of "quilting," this is actually the first QUILT I've made in quite awhile. I much prefer smaller (can we say instant gratification!) pieces like tote bags, wall hangings, or piecework incorporated into aprons, potholders, pouches, etc. But a baby needs a quilt :-) so here's what I came up with. (Thanks, Ben, for being my quilt mannequin!)
Front

Back

I decided on the three dot fabrics I'd used in the quilt (purple, green, pink) for the binding, mostly because I was too lazy to find some other fabric that might have made it pop more, but the dots do look nice, I think. Of course wouldn't you know, I ended up with a seam in TWO of the FOUR corners! Oh well...

I used scraps to make this matching bib, which I think turned out really cute.

I used a smaller version of the quilt block for the bib.

Bib Back


All washed/dried/crinkled and wrapped up ready to go to the lucky (in my opinion!) baby. Since those Fabric Sheets for Ink Jet Printers are my new BFF, of course I had to make one!

I combined a poem with some appropriate baby clip art. I also inserted a Text Box in my Word doc so that I could make the background a pale pink, instead of the plain white fabric of the fabric sheet.


"Tiny Fingers, Tiny Toes, Rosebud Cheeks, Cute Button Nose"


2 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

oh what a lovely quilt and bib set.....what a treasure!

Cathy said...

Wow! Simply beautiful. The baby receiving these is most blessed.