Friday, April 26, 2013

"CARbage" Bag

LOL! I was trying to say "car garbage bag" out loud, and it came out "carbage bag" which is more descriptive, anyways :-) So, "carbage bag" it is!



Adam's girlfriend, Lisa, asked me to make a couple of organizers for her SUV - she and Adam are taking a little trip to Zion National Park in Utah next month. Not knowing exactly what she wanted, I compiled a list of ten car organizer items, including over-the-seat bags, divided floor box organizers, visor clip-ons, etc. She picked a box-style organizer, and this trash bag. The tutorial is from
I used the dimensions and general instructions, although I beefed it up with Pellon 950F ShirTailor and Pellon TP971F Fusible Thermolam Plus Fusible Fleece, the fleece fused atop the ShirTailor. This makes a nice, hefty sandwich that stands up nicely.



It calls for laminate fabric inside, so it's wipe-clean. I had several half-yard cuts of laminate, and I chose one for which I had the matching quilting cotton. This is Central Park by Kate Spain for Moda. I had used a bit of it for something (?) a year or so ago, but had lots left, so I thought this was a good choice and I'll be able to make the box organizer as well, since I had a Jelly Roll, four FQs, two different laminate cuts, and some half-yard and yard cuts. Just waiting for the pattern to arrive in the mail: http://www.craftapple.com/3-the-car-organizer-pattern.html and here's a pic of the pattern, from their Website. They mailed the pattern the same day I purchased it, so it should be here soon, so I'll be posting the finished organizer soon!

CRAFT APPLE PATTERN

No comments: