Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ribbon Salad

I've been making this salad for Thanksgiving, and sometimes Christmas, for many years. If I don't make it, I hear about it, LOL! I thought I would share this recipe which I think originally came from Royal Gelatin (I know I have the original booklet squirreled away somewhere), but I couldn't find the recipe on the Royal website. Oh well, it's pretty old! Kinda like me! Anyways, we all love it, so here's the recipe!

Ribbon Salad

6 serving size lime gelatin
6 serving size cherry (or any red) gelatin
4 serving size lemon gelatin
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup pineapple juice (from can of crushed pineapple)
1 one-pound, 4 ounce can crushed pineapple (save juice)
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup heavy cream, whipped; or 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare lime gelatin according to box directions. Pour into 9x13 pan. Refrigerate until set.
Dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir to dissolve.
In glass bowl (or double boiler) melt marshmallows with lemon gelatin.
Remove from heat and add pineapple juice and cream cheese.
Beat until small chunks of cream cheese remain.
Stir in crushed pineapple.
Cool about an hour, then fold in mayonnaise and whipped cream or topping.
Pour over gelled lime gelatin.
Chill until set.
Prepare cherry gelatin according to box directions.
Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer.
Chill until set.
Cut in squares and serve!




No comments: