Sunday, December 12, 2010

Country Pleasures Christmas Apron Swap - What I Sent!

And here's the apron and swap package I sent to Ashley of this dixie girls delights!  Ashley was so fun to sew for. She's due to have a baby girl in March, so I thought an apron that she could wear right up to her due date would be a great idea. And it doesn't HAVE to be a maternity apron - I'm going to make one for an 80-year old lady and I know for a fact that SHE's not pregnant, LOL!
It's got a pocket all the way across the front. I made my own bias tape so I could use both solid and print fabrics for it. Of course, this pattern has very roundy straps, and applying the bias tape around those tight corners is not easy. I basted and steamed and patted until it laid smoothly, then machine-stitched.
Here's the back - it has two buttons. This apron makes a really nice cover-up for messy cooks like me :-)
I added a removable matching pin flower on the front to dress it up. I appliqued one of the flowers onto wool felt then added ribbon flowers and beads.
I wrapped it up in my *signature* fabric gift bag, which Ashley can use to store treasures in OR wrap a gift to give to a special friend! It has a ribbon flower on it, too.

Besides the baby she's expecting, Ashley has three children, so I made a little something for all four. Here are two crayon rolls I made for two of her children.
I also made a burp cloth for the new baby, but fogot to take a pic. But my favorite thing to make was this Color Book for her one-year old. I had so much fun making this! Here's the front.
And the inside pages...Green and Violet...
Orange and Red...
Black and Blue...
And finally...Yellow....
I sent other things as well, but I think I've used up my allotment of pics for one post, LOL! Ashley said she loved everything and the kids were enchanted with their new toys. I'm going to make another Color book for a friend's grandaughter this week! Thanks to Sue from Country Pleasures for this fun swap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, you've impressed me even more by making your own bias tape, wow! One day, I'll get one of those fancy machines! lol Love it all! Thanks for sharing!

A Dixie Girls Delights said...

lol Nadine your pics are way better than mine for some reason blogger wasnt cooperating with me on the pics today it took an hour to upload all of them and it flipped my color book and I have no clue how to fix it... I really do appreciate everything you sent I just finished wearing my new apron making supper the pockets this apron has on it are amazing:)You have talent galore:)